Serve Rhode Island is committed to partnering with you to support your volunteer recruitment, placement and management efforts.
To this end, we have launched our "Call to Service Campaign" as part of a three-year project called The Human Kind Experiment to bring many more volunteers into service. Please read about this bold new initiative to eliminate the volunteer deficit in our state, and join us!
As the State's center for volunteer service, we offer a wide range of services to our member agencies focused on building volunteer capacity, professional development, networking and technical support.
We invite you to join SRI through our upcoming 2013 membership plan.
Membership benefits include:
- On-line volunteer postings which generate great exposure for your volunteer opportunities. Our website has over half a million hits per year.
- TRUiST software to manage and track your volunteer program - including monthly communications to over 10,000 registered volunteers that keep them engaged and aware of the needs for service.
- Promotion of your organization's volunteer opportunities in the Providence Sunday Journal (circ. 171,000).
- Participation in annual planning and training workshops focused on volunteerism in RI.
- Free individual membership to Volunteer Managers Association of Rhode Island (VMARI), including quarterly networking and professional development opportunities.
- Recognition of your outstanding volunteer through our "VolunCheers! Volunteer of the Week" recognition program.
Our annual membership fee is only $175 - less than .50 cents per day! This fee helps to cover some of the costs of our volunteer center operations.
Please fill out the membership form and mail it in with your payment. Thank you!
Our state faces some major challenges in the coming year. Working together, we will create a renewed spirit of volunteerism for positive action to solve problems.
Serve Rhode Island
PS: Please see below one of the many endorsements we have received from our member agencies:
"I know that my web site postings get tremendous exposure because I monitor the number of "hits" they get. Volunteers are joining the RI Volunteer Guardianship Program as a result of both the web postings and the Providence Journal listings."
Patricia A. M. Vinci, Esq.
Director, RI Volunteer Guardianship Program
Cornerstone Adult Services, Inc.
(The RI Volunteer Guardianship Program is administered by Cornerstone
Adult Services, a member of the Saint Elizabeth Community.)