Accessing Home works to bring low- and moderate-income families home through partnerships with affordable housing providers throughout Rhode Island.
AmeriCorps members are trained and professionally certified as Resident Services Coordinators to provide resource referrals, case management, and housing education.
Accessing Home AmeriCorps members primarily deliver two services:
- Rent RIte: A classroom-based curriculum designed to prepare prospective renters for successful tenancy. The course focuses on budgeting, credit, and rental process
- Back on Track: An eviction prevention program that provides one on one coaching and individualized intervention planning to tenants experiencing housing instability.
How to Apply
Accessing Home is recruiting full-time and part-time AmeriCorps members to begin service in September 2018. Applications can be submitted by clicking the button below. In addition to our applications, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Click the button below to also view the full application as a PDF.
For more information or to request a special accommodation please contact the Program Manager, Laura Roach, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 2016, Accessing Home has placed 24 AmeriCorps members at 11 organizations across Rhode Island. To date, those members have:
- Provided eviction prevention services to 225 individuals
- Taught 28 courses of Rent RIte, a tenant education curriculum
- Provided 416 individuals with house aquisition services
- Received more that 1,100 hours of training
- Earned 7 professional Resident Services Coordinator certifications