Each August, the Rhode Island Commission for National and Community Service, also known as Serve Rhode Island, publishes a Request for Proposals (RFP) in conjunction with the release of the Corporation for National and Community Service’s AmeriCorps State and National Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). AmeriCorps grants are awarded to eligible organizations to recruit, train and manage AmeriCorps members who address unmet community needs. Please refer to the key dates and application documents below. Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Adam Donaldson, Director of Operations, at email@example.com.
2018 Key Dates
October 2 - Intent to Apply Form deadline
November 6 - Phase I Pre-Application deadline / Peer Review
December 13 - Phase II Final Application deadline
April 12 - Formula Application deadline
May - Notification of Grant Awards
2018 Grant Application Documents
- 2018 AmeriCorps Rhode Island RFP
- 2018 AmeriCorps State and National NOFO (updated 10/10)
- 2018 AmeriCorps State and National Mandatory Supplemental Guidance
- 2018 AmeriCorps State and National Application Instructions
- 2018 Performance Measure Instructions
- Rhode Island Intent to Apply Form
- Rhode Island Application Checklists
- Rhode Island Pre-Application Narratives
- Rhode Island Logic Model Template
- Rhode Island Cost Reimbursement Project Budget Worksheet
- Rhode Island Fixed Grant Budget Worksheet
- Rhode Island Performance Measures Template
- PRESENTATION - Grant Info Session 9/19/17
National Direct Consultation Link
The Rhode Island Commission participates along with 40 other service commissions in an online format developed by America's Service Commissions for multi-state applicants (National Directs) to initiate their consultation with state service commissions.
Click here to access the National Direct Consultation Form.
As part of the Serve America Act, National Direct Consultation was established to help increase collaboration and coordination among national service programs, which in turn supports the efficient use of national service funds in each state.Consultation is a requirement outlined in the FY18 AmeriCorps NOFO for new, recompete and continuation applicants. State service commissions use the information provided through the National Direct Consultation process to provide input to the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) on funding decisions that may impact their state, as well as provide feedback/recommendations to the National Direct applicant.